The Rwandan Ministry of Education (MINEDUC) and The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) are proud to announce a co-financed Rwandan-German Postgraduate Training Program. The objective of the program is to award joint scholarships for training of scientific personnel of Rwandan universities in doctoral programs in Germany.
The scholarships are open to Rwandan nationals who are teaching staff members in public and private universities in Rwanda. The offer contains a full scholarship for a 3-year PhD (program) at a German university. Part of the scholarship is a 4-6 months German language course. The scholarships are open to all fields of study, however the following priority fields are encouraged: Agriculture; Natural Resources; Health, Engineering, Infrastructure, Information and Communication Technology ICT; and Education.
The key application document is a scientifically sound research proposal (10-15 pages). Other documents to be submitted are:
- Application form (provided by MINEDUC)
- CV in Europass format (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae
- Copies of Master and Bachelor certificates including all transcripts, whereby the master’s degree has to be equivalent to a B+ grade or above (or equivalent); no more than six years should have elapsed since obtaining the master or an equivalent when applying
- TOEFL test (not less than 87 points) or IELTS (not less than 6.5 points);
- 1-page abstract of the research proposal including a detailed timetable for the 3-year scholarship period
- Confirmation of supervision by a German professor OR an admission letter to a PhD programme
- Two academic reference letters from university professors (forms provided by MINEDUC)
- Confirmation of funding for field work in home country
Selection will be done by an independent committee of German and Rwandan professors and will be strictly based on the quality of the applications.
For research contacts in Germany, please use the following search machines:
The deadline for the submission of applications is October 31, 2016
Direct your submission to:
MINEDUC- Rwanda Education Board,
Stadium Road, Remera,
P.O. BOX 3817, Kigali, Rwanda
Tel: +250-788424250, +250-78914804
Only complete applications will be considered.