CASS FACTS AND FIGURES 2014 (April 2014)
The College of Arts and Social Sciences (CASS) is one of the 6 colleges of the University of Rwanda (UR) created in 2013 by the law n° 38 of 23/09/2013.
The mission UR is to deliver quality education and develop innovative teaching and research meant to address the problems of the population, the students, the nation, the region and the world.
Mainly, CASS offers 1 Advanced Diploma program, 14 Bachelors degree programs, 7 Masters Programs, as well as MPhil and PhD programs by research that can be offered by all disciplines available in the college.
– The College of Arts and Social Sciences (CASS) Head Office is located in Huye
– 4 Schools, 4 Research Centers a Radio and a Legal Aid Clininc
– Student population : 2,057
– 1,715 Undergraduate students
– 338 graduate students
– 4 postgraduate students (PhD)
– Female students : 28%
– International Students : 50 (2%)
– Average Class size : 32
– 157 Academic and Research staff
– 273 Administrative, Technical and Administrative staff
– Academic staff with PhD : 25%
– Academic staff with Master’s degree or PhD : 57%
– Center for Conflict Management (CCM)
– Center for Gender, Culture and Development (CGCD)
– University Center for Arts and Drama (UCAD)
– Center for Instructional Technology (CIT)
Community Service Centers
– Radio Salus
– Legal Aid Clinic
CASS offerings include :
– 1 Program awarding a certificate in English Language
– 1 Advanced Diploma porgram
– 14 Bachelor’s Degree programs
– 7 Masters Degree programs
– MPhil and PhD Programs by Research in all disciplines
College of Arts and Social Sciences(CASS) Social Media
Subscribe and get our newsletter inbox.